The KDE team has released KDE 4.3.1. This is a bugfix release of KDE 4.3 with a few new improvements. So, users of KDE 4.3 or older versions may want to upgrade it to the new release.
From the changelog, a few significant bugs were fixed:
- More than 25 bugs fixed in KMail, KDE’s default email client (remember that KMail was the buggiest application in KDE 4.3).
- Many bugs in kwin, KDE’s window and compositing manager (something like Compiz, for those of you who doesn’t follow), most notably the bugs with the wobbly windows effect, has been fixed.
- The bug which caused konqueror to crash when doing “Close all other tabs” has been fixed.
- kio_fish, which allows for remote file manipulation through SSH, now works.
- Editing toolbar setup no longer results in a crash.
Users with KDE 4.3, who may want to upgrade will get it in their reccomended updates (Ubuntu and variants) and can just upgrade from there. However, for those with an earlier version, upgrade to the new version can be done by opening terminal/konsole and running the following commands one after the other.
sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backport/ubuntu jaunty main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list"(this adds the ppa.launchpad.net to the sources list)
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 8AC93F7A(this adds the security key)
sudo apt-get update(this will update your file list and pull new files from the server)
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
(this will run the upgrade process)