Did you just accidentally delete those important files for the boss’s conference? Oops! Not to worry, there is a new file recovery tool that may be able to help you recover deleted files. DiskDigger is a straight forward file recovery tool geared specifically toward recovering multimedia and document files. DiskDigger can recover files from any type of media that your computer can read. This includes USB flash drives, memory cards (SD, CompactFlash, Memory Stick, etc), and of course your hard drive. The types of files that it recovers includes photos, videos, music, documents, and other formats.
DiskDigger works by thoroughly scanning each sector of your media for traces of files. This has some advantages and disadvantages.
You may find DiskDigger useful if…
* you deleted one or more photos from a memory card by accident, and want them restored.
* you deleted one or more photos from a memory card on purpose, but now want them restored.
* you deleted some documents from your USB flash drive, and want to recover them.
* you came across an old hard drive of yours (or someone else’s) that’s been reformatted, and would like to see what its previous contents were.
* you’re just curious about what old deleted photos (or other files) are still present on your memory cards.
Go here to read more about DiskDigger. The file is also available for download on the author’s site. As always, use software with caution especially if you do not know what you are doing. For business-class file recovery, always consult a professional.
**This application only works in Windows**