How Businesses Can Save Thousands Of Dollars On New Computer Hardware, Software And IT Support Through Virtualization While “Going Green”
Virtualization offers a much cheaper way to upgrade your computer network and is also more environmentally friendly.
Desktop virtualization (sometimes called client virtualization) is a process of replacing your complex, power-sucking, expensive workstation with a much less expensive “thin-client” workstation that requires very little power or maintenance to operate.
Thousands of businesses are rapidly trading in their overblown, traditional PCs for virtualized desktops because of the incredible cost savings in hardware, software and maintenance. Plus it offers instant disaster recovery, the ability to securely work from home or on the road AND it drastically reduces the amount of power needed, making it far more environmentally friendly.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you’ll want to virtualize your desktops:
- Instantly drop your overall IT expenses (hardware, software, maintenance and power) by 50% or more.
- Get 2-3 more years out of the hardware you DO purchase. Traditional PCs require replacement every 3 years, whereas a virtualized desktop can last up to 5 or 6.
- Have new employees set up within hours instead of days.
- Automatic disaster recovery and protection from fire, flood, theft, viruses and other natural disasters.
- Instant remote access to your e-mail and files from home or on the road.
- Save on electricity (cutting costs and going green), but also reduce the amount of equipment cluttering up landfills.
- Easier to maintain which means lowered IT support costs.
Is virtualization right for you? It depends. The first step is to do a cost savings analysis of replacing or upgrading your current network to a virtualized office. Such an assessment that will reveal how much you could save by going virtual.
A good assessment will:
- Explain in plain English what “going virtual” means and answer any questions you have about the pros and cons of switching.
- Give you a 3-year cost comparison between upgrading your current traditional network and virtualizing your network that will show what you can save on hardware, software and support.
- Review your current backup solution to see if you really could be back up and running fast in the event of a disaster.
If you want Tech Prognosis to perform a no obligation Virtualization Assessment for your business, call us today: (512) 814-8044.
You can also reach us by using our contact us form.